Blayney was established in 1843 in the valley of the Belubula River - then known as King's Plains and was originally allocated for farming.
Blayney Shire has gradually seen change from its agricultural base - moving more into industry and mining. A pet food plant, Friskies Pet Care Pty Ltd exports pet food to Asia and the Pacific, a container terminal and a Cold Store Warehouse centre. Blayney Shire's industries generate substantial employment in the Region with the Cadia and Ridgeway Gold - Copper mines providing extra jobs.
There are a number of historic buildings of interest including the post office (c.1880), Courthouse (1880), both Victorian Classical designs. The Presbyterian Church (1885), the church hall is the original church (1861). The Anglican Church (pre-1890)
Blayney is also known for the Blayney Windfarm consisting of 15 Turbines. The capacity of the windfarm (10 MV) is enough to supply the annual electricity needs of 3, 500 average Australian homes.
Additional Information about Blayney and its surrounding villages and attractions -